Recently, we took a business trip involving about 10 hours of driving each direction and multiple stops for snacks and coffee to stay energized and focused. Our family tends to be fairly choosy about the foods we like, but we tried some of the bare brand snacks (Granny Smith Organic Apple Chips, Fuji and Reds Apple Chips, and Simply Banana Chips) and immediately fell in love with them. They are crunchy, delicious, and healthy, with just the right amount of natural sweetness. We could envision using these as a basis for trail mix, grain-free granola, and topping for yogurt or ice cream. Here are some other reasons why we love them:
- They are gluten-free.
- There is no added oil (oils can oxidize and become rancid).
- There is no added sugar (yes!!).
- They contain fiber.
- There are no preservatives.
- They taste wonderful and are the right crispness.
- There are quite a few flavored varieties for their coconut, apple and banana chips (think ginger, cinnamon, and coffee, to name a few).
These were the perfect on-the-go snacks for our entire family. What makes these even more great is that the company is dedicated to using non-GMO ingredients (I’ll have to write something about why GMO ingredients are bad for you later), they care about the environment and keeping it clean, and they believe in helping their community.
Check out these amazing bare brand products when you Click Here. And, no, they did not ask us to endorse their products in any way– we just thought they were so good that we had to share!